- 64% of European founders, given the choice, would choose Europe over the US again to found their startup
- 81% of founders in Europe rate the future potential of their current hubs very or extremely positive and forsee major investments and/or startup successes in the immediate future
- 36% of those surveyed have had significant or extensive experience of living (studying and working) in the US
- 60% of European founders have travelled to the US at least once for their current startup
- European founders consider that Europe’s top strengths are Talent and Value for Money
- Adapting to growth and approach to risk-taking is named as the most valuable lesson learned from working in the US
“It does not matter whether you start in Europe or the US” – Not too long ago this would have been a bold statement in the tech community on both sides of the Atlantic.
Together with Balderton Capital, we have asked about 1,000 European founders and tech community members how they feel about starting up in Europe versus the US. We learnt that many founders have been to the US, working in the tech sector, adapting to the Silicon Valley growth mindset and now bringing back their experience. We analyzed what they see as the strengths and weaknesses of Europe and how they interconnect with the US ecosystem to get the best of two worlds.
Download the Report now!
After signing up to the newsletter, you will receive a link to download the present report via Email.